BEPUphysicsDrawer

Discuss any questions about BEPUphysics or problems encountered.
Arch3r

BEPUphysicsDrawer

Post by Arch3r »

I was going through the BEPUphysicsDemo and I saw how it was going about drawing all of its entities to the screen using a custom namespace they made called BEPUphysicsDrawer, so i decided to see if i could implement this into some of my small yet physics oriented projects im working on,

My problem is that after setting up everything i needed to load my terrain model using the staticTriangleGroup, when i ran my program an error was thrown where I insanciated my ModelDraw class

modelDrawer = new InstancedModelDrawer(this);

the error said "Error loading "Textures\\red". File not found."

after searching through the original source from the demo i found that indeed it does use a texture called red, but im confused as to why its throwing this error.

ps after looking through the ragdoll source im setting up the ModelDraw class pretty much the exact same way with the same referencing and using statements.
Thoughts??
Norbo
Site Admin

Re: BEPUphysicsDrawer

Post by Norbo »

The drawer currently looks for its content files in the other project's built content folder when using Content.Load. One way to deal with this is to copy the built content files into the bin/(Platform)/(Compile Mode) folder that you're using. You can look at the RagdollDemo's bin directory as an example.
Arch3r

Re: BEPUphysicsDrawer

Post by Arch3r »

yea thanks alot Norbo big help, works like a charm,

Love the support this engine gets, really a big playing factor in the selcection for a physics engine