Strange EntityMover activation issue

Discuss any questions about BEPUphysics or problems encountered.
et1337

Strange EntityMover activation issue

Post by et1337 »

Hello!

I found a weird issue that has me stumped. I'm making a bouncy platform (heavily inspired by N) using a NoRotationJoint and an EntityMover with very springy motor settings. My character controller manually activates the entity and applies an impulse when it's on the platform (since the character itself is hovering above the platform).

Long story short, the platform doesn't seem to wake up unless the character entity actually collides with it, or the character jumps, which applies a much larger impulse.

Two weird things:
  • Once the platform has been woken up, it works fine after that, even if it goes back to sleep.
  • The problem persists even if I set IsAlwaysActive = true.
Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. I stepped through with a debugger and verified the entity is in fact being activated. I even get the event callback.

Thanks!
Norbo
Site Admin

Re: Strange EntityMover activation issue

Post by Norbo »

I'm not sure what would cause that, especially if it persists when IsAlwaysActive is true. Could you reproduce the problem in the latest BEPUphysicsDemos for me to look at?
et1337

Post by et1337 »

I set up everything the same and couldn't replicate it. I'll try upgrading my codebase to the latest BEPU. Looks like a lot of changes have been made!
et1337

Post by et1337 »

Still unable to replicate but I found a workaround. I was spawning the entity at the exact target position of the entity mover. Moving the target 0.01f on the Y axis solves the problem. Good enough for government work!