I liked it the way it was!

Post and discuss features you'd like to see in the BEPUphysics library.
Norbo
Site Admin

I liked it the way it was!

Post by Norbo »

v0.15.0 is a pretty huge change compared to v0.14.3. Up until now, the priority has been on functionality and development speed, so there's a few areas which aren't quite as clear or usable as v0.14.3.

If you find one of these spots, post it!

Here's a few that are already on the radar:
-Getting the list of colliding objects/entities requires parsing the collision information pairs list, casting overlaps, testing their type, and so on. A convenience method that collects a list of colliding objects/entities would be nice.
-Getting collision impulse information is pretty annoying at the moment, since it requires figuring out the type of the pair handler in order to access the type-specific contact manifold constraint. A convenience method could be added which retrieves relevant information about contact-associated total impulse and other things, though friction would be tricky since it's implemented differently depending on the pair type.

Edit: As of Beta 27, both of these have been added!
Fe_Yoshi

Re: I liked it the way it was!

Post by Fe_Yoshi »

Norbo wrote:v0.15.0 is a pretty huge change compared to v0.14.3. Up until now, the priority has been on functionality and development speed, so there's a few areas which aren't quite as clear or usable as v0.14.3.

If you find one of these spots, post it!

Here's a few that are already on the radar:
-Getting the list of colliding objects/entities requires parsing the collision information pairs list, casting overlaps, testing their type, and so on. A convenience method that collects a list of colliding objects/entities would be nice.
-Getting collision impulse information is pretty annoying at the moment, since it requires figuring out the type of the pair handler in order to access the type-specific contact manifold constraint. A convenience method could be added which retrieves relevant information about contact-associated total impulse and other things, though friction would be tricky since it's implemented differently depending on the pair type.
You should try just asking them very nicely, maybe offer some cookies, then they might tell you their informations.
It's simple, just take the hydraulic phase ship emulator and attach it to the photon particle emitter, BAM, new tower!
preen

Post by preen »

You will know what I don't like the day before I need it fixed.

Getting a collision impulse would be awesome. Even if the value is simplfied or abstracts friction, I imagine lots of people will want to know:

Code: Select all

BirdX collided into BlockY at ContactPositionXYZ.  BlockY was pushed with 41kgms in DirectionXYZ.  BirdX was pushed with 41kgms in DirectionXYZ.
if(Impulse > BlockY.Resistance) BlockY.Die()
Norbo
Site Admin

Post by Norbo »

Getting a collision impulse would be awesome. Even if the value is simplfied or abstracts friction, I imagine lots of people will want to know
Contacts and their associated normal and accumulated impulses as well as the relative velocity at the contact between a pair can now be found in the CollisionInformationPairHandler.Contacts list. So, for a given entity, you could do: entity.CollisionInformation.Pairs.Contacts[j].NormalForce.
Fe_Yoshi

Post by Fe_Yoshi »

What, does no one even CONSIDER the idea of asking very nicely and offering cookies?

For SHAME people. For SHAME!
It's simple, just take the hydraulic phase ship emulator and attach it to the photon particle emitter, BAM, new tower!