1.4.2 demos

Discuss any questions about BEPUphysics or problems encountered.
ThatsAMorais

1.4.2 demos

Post by ThatsAMorais »

I'm starting a new project and I would like to use your demo solution as a sandbox for testing out some concepts very rapidly. I'm using xna 4.0 and the v1.4.2 source. Should I try and use the 1.4.1 demos with xna4? Will you have the 1.4.2 demos out soon? Thanks
Norbo
Site Admin

Re: 1.4.2 demos

Post by Norbo »

I've attached the v0.14.2 + XNA 4.0 prototype demos. They aren't perfect (if I remember right, using the InstancedModelDrawer causes everything to be red for currently unknown reasons :)), but it's a starting point.

v0.15.0 is targeting XNA 4.0 primarily since it's now fully released, so the demos that come out with it will be an updated version of the attached one.
Attachments
BEPUphysicsDemos v0.14.2 XNA4.0.zip
(1.33 MiB) Downloaded 252 times
ThatsAMorais

Post by ThatsAMorais »

Thanks Norbo! It loaded and built in VS '10 just fine. I ran it in debug, realized it was using the hiDef profile which this laptop can't handle, switched to Reach, and found that the demos require vertex shader model 3.0 which is not supported in Reach. So, I may have to develop from my other computer. I'm not trying to find a fix for this, but is there anything simple I could do to get the demos going in Reach? Gracias.
Norbo
Site Admin

Post by Norbo »

Using only the BruteModelDrawer should work in Reach. The WP7 version of the demos uses the BruteModelDrawer successfully.
ThatsAMorais

Post by ThatsAMorais »

How do I arrange that exactly? I just tried debugging in Reach and it did not let me claiming that "XNA Framework Reach profile does not support vertex shader model 3.0" and referencing InstancedEffect.fx. What should I replace with BruteModelDrawer?
Norbo
Site Admin

Post by Norbo »

Try going to the properties on the InstancedEffect.fx, and changing the build action from Compile to None. I think that's the only thing that you should have to do.
ThatsAMorais

Post by ThatsAMorais »

Very sorry for the late reply. This was just the thing to fix my problem. Thanks!