Performance on XBOX 360 Question

Discuss any questions about BEPUphysics or problems encountered.
chronicacid

Performance on XBOX 360 Question

Post by chronicacid »

Hello, I was just recently testing out the sample file for 14.1 on my xbox 360 and I was using it for an extended amount of time testing it. I noticed after about 15 minutes of using it (flipping back and forth between scenes) my frame rate dropped drastically from when I first started the program (compared the first scene before and after 15 minutes) . Can some one elaborate as to why this was happening. I noticed when I was running my XNA Remote Performance Monitor the Managed Bytes Allocated was always increasing every time I switched scenes.

Any insight would be of most help!
Norbo
Site Admin

Re: Performance on XBOX 360 Question

Post by Norbo »

I have previously noticed the same behavior, and I believe it is indeed related to the 'wasteful' demo switching. A large portion of it is likely the graphics which are reconstructed for each simulation switch.

Once initialized, the engine itself should not allocate further unless large spikes in activity occur which require larger internal resource pools (and even then the allocation would be brief and tiny).

I intend to look into the issue further when I have some time, since having the demos lag after switching a bunch isn't exactly good marketing :)