Rag Doll

Discuss any questions about BEPUphysics or problems encountered.
Norbo
Site Admin

Re: Rag Doll

Post by Norbo »

It's in the works :D Doing ragdoll documentation for v0.10.1 may be a bit of a lost cause because it would be a treatise on hacky, difficult little techniques which will become irrelevant fairly soon.

For the new version so far, the 'normal' constraints are working. 'Normal' means that they don't have friction, motors, or limits. You can make welds, hinges, universal joints, various forms of sliders, and anything else that can be represented conceptually by a linear and/or angular constraint (each one removing 1, 2, or 3 degrees of freedom). These should all have better performance than the old version. There's also a few robustness problems that should be fixed now.

Right now, I'm going through the designing and testing phase for friction/motors/limits. For most of the constraints, this is fairly straightforward, but some of them need reformulation for clean motor/limit support.

The last part of the library development process will be cleaning up the architecture to make sure it's easy to use. Part of this will be offering streamlined constructors which let you ignore correction factors and softness coefficients.

Finally, I'll make another document covering the variety of constraint types, a simple demo showing how to use them, and a second, more involved ragdoll demo.

It's hard to say when this will all be done since I'm juggling a variety of different projects at the moment. I hope to get the main constraint development completed in a few weeks, with the remaining changes taking a couple more after that. Maybe somewhere in October.