BEPUphysics Tutorials

Discuss any questions about BEPUphysics or problems encountered.
lesPaul456

BEPUphysics Tutorials

Post by lesPaul456 »

Hello,

I just downloaded the BEPUphysics engine and I like to learn how to use it. Does anyone know of any good tutorials to help get me started?

Thanks!
Norbo
Site Admin

Re: BEPUphysics Tutorials

Post by Norbo »

Other than the documentation on the website (which isn't the best information for someone just starting out), you can check some of the demos source. The startSimulation method contains a bunch of different setups. If you'd like a much more stripped down version, you can look at http://www.bepu-games.com/forums/viewto ... 7&start=15; it offloads the update method to a separate thread, but the space.update could be moved easily into the normal XNA Game class update method.

Basically, to use BEPUphysics, you create a Space (Space space = new Space()) and add things to it (space.add()). Then, in an update method, you tell the space to update (space.update()). An "Entity" represents a kinematic or dynamic collidable object (which can be a parameter to space.add()). Entities range from boxes and spheres to MinkowskiSums and ConvexHulls. When you create an entity, there are two constuctors. One includes a mass, the other does not; the one with mass will specify a dynamic object, the other specifies a kinematic object (not affected by forces).

I'd like to create some 'real' tutorials in the future (hopefully the near future).
lesPaul456

Re: BEPUphysics Tutorials

Post by lesPaul456 »

Norbo,

Thanks for the help. I really appreciated you taking the time to explain it also.

Thanks again!