Bepu Tested in REAL WP7 device

Discuss topics related to BEPUphysics or physics engine development.
jbosch

Bepu Tested in REAL WP7 device

Post by jbosch »

Hi,

Yesterday I had the oportunity to test my game under development (powered by Bepu) in a real WP7 device. The performance was awesome (we are using a 240x400 ressolution). The only issue we found is that the Y seems to be different in emulator and real device, I'll try to explain myself:

I have a bowling game, when I put the bowls on the ground, in the emulator everything goes well, but in the real device, one of the bowls apears lying on the ground, and others start "dancing". Any recomendation with that? I suspect that for some reason the float point precision is different in the emulator and the real device, so I have to be more precise finding the "ground" of those bowls, probably tracing a ray. I don't know if there may be other reasons.

JB
Jesús Bosch
XNA BLOG: http://geeks.ms/blogs/jbosch
Norbo
Site Admin

Re: Bepu Tested in REAL WP7 device

Post by Norbo »

Yesterday I had the oportunity to test my game under development (powered by Bepu) in a real WP7 device. The performance was awesome (we are using a 240x400 ressolution).
Neat :)
The only issue we found is that the Y seems to be different in emulator and real device
I'll send you a PM shortly.