Nuget package?

Discuss topics related to BEPUphysics or physics engine development.
musmuris

Nuget package?

Post by musmuris »

I can't seem to find any packages on nuget.org for Bepu physics. I could just make an upload one, but it would be nicer to have an "official" one. Did I miss it? Did you have any plans to make one? (if you need someone to spend the time making one then I'd be happy to look into doing that)
Norbo
Site Admin

Re: Nuget package?

Post by Norbo »

You didn't miss it, and I didn't have any previous plans to make it. But now it exists! :)
musmuris

Post by musmuris »

Epic! thank you :)
prollin

Post by prollin »

Since BEPU is dependency-free, any plan to make it a PCL (Portable Class Library) so it can easily be referenced by Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Android projects ?
Norbo
Site Admin

Post by Norbo »

At some point, I'll at least make it easier to compile it for PCL, but I may or may not package up PCL binaries for release.

There should not be that many changes required. If I remember correctly, some of the built-in IParallelLooper implementations need to be removed and the custom SpinLock might need to be swapped out (or possibly just changed slightly).

I tend to lean on the community to support these sorts of specializations, at least until I get around to it :)
DreamWeaver

Post by DreamWeaver »

Can this nuget-package be used for windows phone projects?
Nuget-Manager allows me to apply it only for libraries (not for the main game project).
Norbo
Site Admin

Post by Norbo »

No; it was compiled with unsafe code enabled, among other things. My policy for now is to leave special cases to source. The XNA fork contains some projects for Xbox360/WP to make it easier to build.
ProBAR

Post by ProBAR »

Are you planning to update the package with all the latest improvements?
P.S.:
Speech: English is not my native language, so I apologize in advance for my mistakes.
Language: Mainly Visual Basic.Net, of course not excluded C#.
Using BEPU: I get it from the NuGet Packages (very handy, thanks!).
Render: SharpDX.
Norbo
Site Admin

Post by Norbo »

Yes, v1.4.0 should get packaged in the next few months. (It'll be the last snapshot before v2.0.0's big breaking changes start happening.)
ProBAR

Post by ProBAR »

That's great! Thanks for your support!!
P.S.:
Speech: English is not my native language, so I apologize in advance for my mistakes.
Language: Mainly Visual Basic.Net, of course not excluded C#.
Using BEPU: I get it from the NuGet Packages (very handy, thanks!).
Render: SharpDX.