Next Planned Update ?

Discuss topics related to BEPUphysics or physics engine development.
chronicacid

Next Planned Update ?

Post by chronicacid »

Hey Norbo, I've been following you for a while on the board and was wondering when the next update will arrive. Also what features will put in ?

Thanks,
-Akash
Norbo
Site Admin

Re: Next Planned Update ?

Post by Norbo »

Here's an incomplete overview; I plan to update this with some more recent information when I find the time:
http://www.bepu-games.com/forums/viewto ... ?f=5&t=849

v0.15.0 is pretty gigantic; probably the largest of all of them so far. Almost every single part of the engine has been modified in some way. A clear pipeline of stages can be seen within the Space class, and you can handle/hook into each stage individually. The collision detection pipeline has been rewritten to be far more flexible and various parts of the engine are taking advantage of that (various mesh/terrain variants will get a nice speed and feature boost). Just about the only part of the engine not changed significantly are the individual Joints and Constraints (although SolverUpdateables in general have a few new features and some other minor changes have been made).

v0.16.0 is currently targeting the BroadPhase, along with things that didn't make it into v0.15.0. v0.16.0 will be a lot smaller in terms of development time.

The combined effect of v0.15.0 and v0.16.0, other than new features and organization, should be a very noticeable increase in performance.

I still don't have a specific date other than wanting to have both v0.15.0 and v0.16.0 out before the end of the year (v0.15.0 obviously coming before v0.16.0 :)).

There's also probably going to be a v0.14.3 pretty soon to address a few minor issues. If it does come out, it will probably be in the next couple of weeks.