Games using bepu

Discuss topics related to BEPUphysics or physics engine development.
duke

Re: Games using bepu

Post by duke » Sun May 08, 2016 9:08 am

I'd like to add my little UWP Windows 10 Yahtzee style game called "Yaht 3D". Made with BEPU physics and Monogame.

https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9wzdncrfhx4k

Thanks for making it possible :D

Norbo
Site Admin

Post by Norbo » Sun May 08, 2016 6:06 pm

Nice Dice 8)

Frooxius

Post by Frooxius » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:49 pm

Hello!

I thought I'd share my project as well since I recently made its development public! :D It's still in heavy development and doesn't even fully utilize BEPUPhysics yet, but it's been already crucial to its function, since it wouldn't be possible to interact with the environment without a physics engine and BEPU makes everything simpler because it's so neatly written, fast and platform independent :3

It's called NeosVR and I describe it as a "world engine". It has a generic synchronization engine at its core, which allows building multiplayer VR experiences in VR... and in multiplayer :D It creates an abstraction layer on top of a game engine which ensures everything stays in sync and developers (and users) can treat the world/scene as a single instance in most cases, focusing just on whatever they are building.

Here's a quick sneak preview of some testing stuff built on top of that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fgDjhHdfUs

Here's more recent entry, shows particle systems with collisions (using BEPU for raycasts of course!):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orIjC6wDh5Y

Norbo
Site Admin

Post by Norbo » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:11 pm

Impressive! And those particles do look delicious...

VirusFree

Post by VirusFree » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:50 pm

Hello everyone,
I would like to show you my game that just went up on steam Greenlight and of course uses BEPU !! :)
Thank you so much for this amazing project. I developed the game engine by myself and at first i had physx, then bullet but it was a nightmare.
BEPU is really amazing :)

if you have Steam please vote, else you can watch the trailer here (feedback is welcomed)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =854652160

Thank you again and looking forward to BEPU v2.0 :)

Norbo
Site Admin

Post by Norbo » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:34 pm

Glad it worked for you! Nice job and good luck on steam!

kokkivos

Post by kokkivos » Tue May 23, 2017 4:41 pm

Hi everyone,

I finally released a game on Steam that I built with BepuPhysics! It's called Metagalactic Blitz:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/56408 ... tic_Blitz/

I started using bepu a few years back while making various XNA games, and then decided to use it with MonoGame to make this one. I have been able to learn a ton by learning how Bepu works and poking around in the source code the last couple years. Thanks for putting so much work into it Norbo! I am a better person for having touched the greatness that is BepuPhysics.

To build the game, I used StaticMesh objects for the level physics, generated from some models I created in Blender. I used some cylinders for the character physics, spheres that the dodgeballs are attached to, and boxes and raycasts for ability hitboxes. If the attack needed a different shape, I would check for collision with a box and then do some calculations to see if it was within the shape (for example, distance from the middle for a circle). Many DetectingInitialCollision events were used, as well as custom collision groups.

Also, I managed to get the engine running completely deterministically for a deterministic lockstep networking model. I made sure bepu was running as single-threaded, I controlled the permutation number, and used a fixed update (Space.Update() with no parameters). other than that, I had to make sure the rest of my game code was deterministic, and that the random number generators were always synced up on both clients. I don't know if I would recommend this approach, since there is still the tiniest chance that floating point numbers could mess it all up in someone's game somewhere out there. But I did extensive testing on various Windows machines (my only platform) with both Intel and AMD processors, and after extensive fixes to my own code, never saw an occurrence of non-deterministic behavior from bepu.

Anyway that's my story, hope you check out the game.

Norbo
Site Admin

Post by Norbo » Wed May 24, 2017 6:24 pm

Awesome work! Good luck on steam!

Hopefully the floating point continues to be consistent :D