New Documentation Suggestion

Post and discuss features you'd like to see in the BEPUphysics library.
slickyrich*

New Documentation Suggestion

Post by slickyrich* »

Given the complexity of the vehicle physics I think more documentation is needed cos the actual forums and its members ARE NOT HELPFUL!
Norbo
Site Admin

Re: New Documentation Suggestion

Post by Norbo »

I agree that vehicle documentation would be nice, and it is on the to-do list. However, the kinds of questions that it will assist with mostly relate to the configuration and physical issues, with a brief explanation of integration (similar to what you have received on the forums: http://www.bepu-games.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=936, http://www.bepu-games.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=995).

Unfortunately, I do not have the resources to create documentation for every skill level and it is not possible to provide extensive support for things outside of the scope of the physics engine. There are other places which focus more on learning programming and rendering; they have resources designed for specifically that purpose.

For C#, there's plenty of books and internet resources to help learn it. If you're encountering problems understanding the 'why' behind the code being used, this would probably be the place to start. It's extremely difficult to build upward without a foundation.

For XNA, the creators club (now "App Hub," I suppose) has a lot of educational resources on it in addition to the forum. They can help you with specific questions that are not related directly to the physics engine. The trick is to ask the right question- narrow the scope down to a very specific issue or concept that you have trouble with, and try to get help with that. Those specific questions, when combined, can help you progress. Another website, sgtconker.com, has many good articles on it that you could read over. There are also good books out there (some XNA 4.0 ones will be coming out shortly, if they aren't already out). And of course, I'm missing a lot of other good resources- google should fill in the gaps.

So, I apologize that you didn't find the forums to be helpful. In the future if you have a physics engine related question, feel free to stop by and I'll try my best to help.
Danthekilla

Re: New Documentation Suggestion

Post by Danthekilla »

I would try having another read around the forums too, I found heaps of stuff on the vehicle system on here and anything i didn't know i just asked and it was answered propmtly.