2 Requests

Post and discuss features you'd like to see in the BEPUphysics library.
BoltonBeedz

2 Requests

Post by BoltonBeedz »

you know what would be good..
1> not sure of the terminoligy here, an elipsoid that doesnt rotate, for players/characters. can we do this already?
2> ability to modify angular momentum: it may be useful at some point to apply an external spinning force without adding any linear movement
cheers guv
Zukarakox
Not a Site Admin

Post by Zukarakox »

You can make objects not rotate by setting their angle in your game code every update, and Im pretty sure theres a few ways to modify angularmomentum, in fact, I believe theres an <angularMomentum> variable in the physbody class :P
i has multiple toes
BoltonBeedz

Post by BoltonBeedz »

apologies, my mistake entirely.. and an elipsoid is pretty much the same as two spheres right?
Norbo
Site Admin

Post by Norbo »

Modifying angularMomentum directly should do the trick, and as for the player characters, that's something that will be slightly tricky. Two spheres can roughly approximate an ellipsoid, though the process of making it act like a player character will likely require some fancy footwork. Physically simulated objects could be used as a player, but with them you'll be trying to keep their rotation/orientation stable every frame.

Since Static objects can still have velocities, you might be able to hack something together using them, though the interaction between them and any other object will respond as if the player character has infinite mass. I'll see what I can do to make this easier (if not in v0.2.0, hopefully something soon after).
Last edited by Norbo on Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BoltonBeedz

Post by BoltonBeedz »

sweet