Bug report Compound body.

Post and discuss features you'd like to see in the BEPUphysics library.
Windalow

Bug report Compound body.

Post by Windalow »

Hi,
I didn't know where to report that bug I hope this place is fine ^^

I'm building a flying game in which an airship (player) needs to go through a track of rings.
I use a compound body (one capsule and two boxes) for my player and when I try to go through a ring (one cylinder) with nosolver as collision rule between the two, my player get stuck.

The collision is detected well but the player is supposed to keep going forward. Instead it just stops moving forward as long as I don't give it a new input from the controller.

If I use only one capsule then it works perfectly fine, smooth travel through the rings.

Thanks for reading.
Norbo
Site Admin

Re: Bug report Compound body.

Post by Norbo »

Thanks for the report! I looked into it and fixed a bug and inconsistency in compound body collision rules handling. You can try out the development version that includes the fix here: http://bepuphysics.codeplex.com/SourceC ... evelopment

The expected behavior is now that the most restrictive collision rule is used. So, if a CompoundBody has a collision rule of NoSolver with some other object X, and a child object of the compound has NoBroadPhase with that object X, NoBroadPhase will be used. Another child object with a CollisionRule.Normal with the object X will still use NoSolver because NoSolver is more restrictive.

Let me know if there's still something going wrong with the new version.