NullReferenceException after Space.Remove

Discuss any questions about BEPUphysics or problems encountered.
steko

NullReferenceException after Space.Remove

Post by steko »

hi norbo,

first of all thanks for your great work!
i'm using bepu physics since v0.8 now but recently run into an issue after updating to the latest releases (0.14.x).
when i try to remove an entity that has created a collisionpair i get a nullref exception.
in my scenario (which worked in previous versions) are some boxes and a sphere. when the sphere collides with a box, the box will get removed from the collision space.
on the next scene update, when the collision space's update is called, i get a nullref exception.
isn't this the recommended way to remove entities from the space or am i doing something wrong?

System.NullReferenceException was unhandled
Message="Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
Source="BEPUphysics"
StackTrace:
at BEPUphysics.CollisionPair.UpdateContactManifold(Single dt)
at BEPUphysics.Space.UpdateCollisionDetectionCcd()
at BEPUphysics.Space.UpdateCcd()
at BEPUphysics.Space.UpdateWithInternalTimeSteps(Single timeSinceLastFrame)
at BEPUphysics.Space.Update(Single timeSinceLastFrame)
at BEPUphysics.Space.Update(GameTime gameTime)
Norbo
Site Admin

Re: NullReferenceException after Space.Remove

Post by Norbo »

This may be related to the events system change. Removing entities from the space using immediate events has always been unsupported; it's possible that during the upgrade to v0.14.1+ an event handler that used to be deferred is now used with an immediate event. Make sure that the event handlers responsible for doing any entity addition/removal are attached to deferred events (past tense names).
steko

Re: NullReferenceException after Space.Remove

Post by steko »

thanks for your fast reply. changing the event handling from CollisionPairTouching to CollisionPairTouched did the trick. :)