MGCB.exe not working properly when compiling

Discuss any questions about BEPUphysics or problems encountered.
Peter Prins

MGCB.exe not working properly when compiling

Post by Peter Prins »

Hello,

I just downloaded bepu physics from the repository. When I tried to compile it to run the demos I got these errors:

The command ""D:\peter\hobbies\programeren\bepuphysics1-master\Dependencies\MonoGame\Tools\MGCB.exe" /@:"D:\peter\hobbies\programeren\bepuphysics1-master\BEPUphysicsDrawer\Content\BEPUphysicsDrawerContent.mgcb" /platform:Windows /outputDir:"D:\peter\hobbies\programeren\bepuphysics1-master\BEPUphysicsDrawer\Content\bin\Windows" /intermediateDir:"D:\peter\hobbies\programeren\bepuphysics1-master\BEPUphysicsDrawer\Content\obj\Windows" /quiet" exited with code 9020. BEPUphysicsDrawer

The MonoGame content builder executable could not be located at 'D:\peter\hobbies\programeren\bepuphysics1-master\Dependencies\MonoGame\Tools\MGCB.exe'! BEPUphysicsDemos

And yes the MGCB.exe file does actually exist. Can anyone help me with this?
Norbo
Site Admin

Re: MGCB.exe not working properly when compiling

Post by Norbo »

That's odd- if it actually exists, maybe it's failing some sort of file integrity test, or a permissions issue? Does starting visual studio in administrator mode do anything? As a very long shot, does redownloading it do anything?

I did do something a little hacky by distributing the dependencies directly rather than relying on the user to install monogame themselves. That required retargeting the project files to the local dependencies. It's possible I missed something that pulls in some global state from the system-wide install, but if that's the case, I don't have an explanation for that specific error.
Peter Prins

Post by Peter Prins »

Fixed it, turned out my virus protection was deleting it >.<
mcmonkey

Post by mcmonkey »

Peter Prins wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:52 pm Fixed it, turned out my virus protection was deleting it >.<
I've had to disable my own AV (Avast) while developing because it constantly scans every time, and half the scans end in "bad reputation" style of deletions for some reason.
Would recommend finding and getting used to toggling the switch for your AV's enabled state for sure.