colision problems

Discuss any questions about BEPUphysics or problems encountered.
pesant19

colision problems

Post by pesant19 »

I had a problem with my golf game. I use the gettingstartedDemo code to help me. I replace the playground by my fbx golf hole that i Made with blender. The problems is that some of the entity cross over my terrain. I don't know why because some didn't cross. I try to understand the documentation about collision but I'm not very good in english. Anyone have a solution for this because it's kind of a problem in golf game if the ball just dissaperes. :cry: :cry: :roll:
Norbo
Site Admin

Re: colision problems

Post by Norbo »

It sounds like either the graphics do not match the physics or the mesh has inconsistent winding with a one sided collision mode.

If the graphics aren't matching, make sure the graphical transforms are the same as the physics transforms for the mesh.

To eliminate winding as a potential cause, set the StaticMesh's Sidedness to DoubleSided.

If you still see tunneling of fast objects, it may be related to discrete collision detection. To solve this, you can either use a shorter Space.TimeStepSettings.TimeStepDuration, or set entity.PositionUpdateMode = PositionUpdateMode.Continuous.
pesant19

Re: colision problems

Post by pesant19 »

Thank you, I think the probleme was the timeSet It work.