Finding the CharacterController in 1.3.0

Discuss any questions about BEPUphysics or problems encountered.
kpko

Finding the CharacterController in 1.3.0

Post by kpko »

Hi,

I want to use the CharacterController provided by BEPU. I looked into the source and found it in the BEPUphysics.Character namespace. But this namespace isn't in my assembly (version 1.3.0), neither is the CharacterController class. I installed BEPUphysics via nuget.

Is the CharacterController just not yet included in the stable version? Do I have to compile it from source?

I saw a blog post mentioning the "full" character controller here: http://bepu.squarespace.com/blog/2011/8 ... tails.html - this was in 2011. Shouldn't the CharacterController be included in the current version? I'm sure I missed something.

Thank you!
Norbo
Site Admin

Re: Finding the CharacterController in 1.3.0

Post by Norbo »

In v1.3.0 and before, the CharacterController was in the BEPUphysicsDemos due to a quirk of its early development (it was partly a test to ensure all the necessary components to build a complex custom feature were available externally). In the more recent source versions, I cleaned it up and moved it into the main library.

So, yes- you do have to compile it from source. Either from the BEPUphysicsDemos in v1.3.0, or from the newer version in the main library.

(I'm a bit lazy about maintaining precompiled releases, nuget included.)
snoozbuster

Re: Finding the CharacterController in 1.3.0

Post by snoozbuster »

Norbo wrote:In the more recent source versions, I cleaned it up and moved it into the main library.
Oh, I'm glad to see this will be included with the next release!