collision problems

Discuss any questions about BEPUphysics or problems encountered.
ron

collision problems

Post by ron »

hey my level is a StaticTriangleGroup
and my characters of the game are boxes
at time they do not collide with the level and fall out of it
any idea?
Space.SimulationSettings.CollisionDetection.CollisionDetectionType = CollisionDetectionType.FullyContinuous(my collision detection type for the space)
Norbo
Site Admin

Re: collision problems

Post by Norbo »

Could be scale issues. If the triangles are too large (way outside of the 0.5 - 10 unit recommended range), the collision detection system will have a hard time creating good contacts.

You're also using a very old version. The newest version (v0.16.0, which you can get here: http://bepuphysics.codeplex.com/) is much faster, and handles meshes a lot better.
ron

Post by ron »

Warning 1 Reference to type 'System.Runtime.Serialization.IDeserializationCallback' claims it is defined in 'c:\Program Files\Microsoft XNA\XNA Game Studio\v3.1\References\Xbox360\mscorlib.dll', but it could not be found c:\Documents and Settings\karthika\Desktop\dlls\BEPUphysics.dll woohoo

i am getting this warning and all other related errors when i am debugging the xbox project
ron

Post by ron »

hey any idea why am i getting this error, because when i am building the game for windows its working fine , but when i build it for xbox its showing this error

any help
plzzzzzzz
ron

Post by ron »

i am using bepuphysics 0.14.2.0
does it have xbox360 support?
Norbo
Site Admin

Post by Norbo »

It sounds like you're trying to use the windows .dll for the xbox360. You have to reference the Xbox360 version of the .dll. v0.14.2 did have an Xbox360 dll, but that is a very old version. A v0.14.3 version for windows/xbox360 and XNA 3.1 can be found floating around on the forum somewhere.

However, I'm pretty sure you can no longer deploy, or at least publish, XNA 3.1 games on the Xbox360. I believe there was a 90 day grace period some time back that has now expired. XNA 4.0 is now required to publish on the marketplace.

The newest versions are all XNA 4.0, and they have a lot of new features and better performance/behavior. The upgrade process won't be trivial, but it will probably be worth it to move up to v0.16.0.
ron

Post by ron »

any way to get the v0.14.2 dll for xbox 360 ?
Norbo
Site Admin

Post by Norbo »

No; if I remember correctly, that would require actually porting v0.14.2 up to XNA 4.0, which I'd rather not do again :)

v0.14.3 did support XNA 4.0, though. Here's a post with the assemblies: http://www.bepu-games.com/forums/viewto ... 111&p=6879

But again, if you're going to go through the pain of moving to XNA 4.0, you might as well go through the much lesser pain of updating to v0.16.0 and get the extra benefit.