Question

Discuss any questions about BEPUphysics or problems encountered.
rockking

Question

Post by rockking »

hey everyone,

sort of new to the BEPUPhysics so i am curious about things. i have started working in XNA and i notice that alot of the coding is different than normal C-Sharp. that is to be expected, but does using the BEPUPhysics engine change that again? i started reading the documentation and it appears to change alot of the code.
also, whats in the .dll file? is it all the physics stuff that i dont want to mess with for fear of screwing it up. i have started looking at the .xml file, and theres alot in here i dont understand, but i am working on it.

okay, thanks
rockking
Seleste

Re: Question

Post by Seleste »

There isn't really any such thing as "normal C#" so I'm not sure what you mean by that. C# is just a programming language, basically a means to an end, and what varies is what you do with it. In this case, "what you do with it" includes using the tools provided by XNA to develop a game, and then add BEPU's functionality to that.

So no, neither XNA nor BEPU are are going to "change" code. You do have to learn their respective APIs if you want to go anywhere. I wouldn't recommend reading the XML file as you have been, as it's just raw, unformatted documentation. Have a look instead at BEPU's documentation page. The first link, BEPUPhysics API, is a much more readable version of the XML file, which you can consult if you wonder what a certain function or class does. The other links should get you started to using BEPU proper.

The DLL file is BEPU's assembly which, in short, is the term used to describe self-contained modules of code which your own project can then refer to in order to access new functionality. Details on how to add a reference and use this DLL are in the second link of the aforementioned documentation page, Getting Started.