You have my informations

Discuss topics related to Bepu Entertainment.
Maniak11

You have my informations

Post by Maniak11 »

I am sick and tired of not understanding this lolXNA crap. What can you recommend for me to lrn2XNA/C#?
The only knowledge I have is of rudimentary C++ and basic, so just call me an almost-noob as far as experience is concerned.
Would appreciate it muchly, ignorance is not bliss =/
Norbo
Site Admin

Re: You have my informations

Post by Norbo »

Fortunately, the guys over on the xna forums have already set up a nice little guide for precisely this sort of thing:

http://forums.xna.com/forums/t/9181.aspx

It'll cover just about everything directly or indirectly. If you have specific questions you need answered, I can give them a try here or you can ask them on the XNA forums.

Speaking at a high level, to get started with this sort of stuff, introduce yourself to it piece by piece and don't get overloaded. Begin projects of manageable scopes that you think you can see to completion (though even if you don't finish, it's still a good learning experience). This usually lets you hit milestones faster and keeps the results coming, preventing burnout.
Maniak11

Post by Maniak11 »

Yeah, that'll do it. Thanks. All the tutorials I found started off too basic and then shifted into too advanced under my nose.
Pong, here I come!
Zukarakox
Not a Site Admin

Post by Zukarakox »

Or you can just do my style and crashcourse into random projects that catch your fancy, never completing or getting a decent amount done, but learning all the same :D
i has multiple toes
yargpirates

Post by yargpirates »

i have found the best strat for all this is to just ask norbo over aim. he is always (sometimes) there to help you out with any general or specific questions. Having trouble with physics ask norbo, programming in any language ask norbo. I am not saying he knows everything about programming and physics but he could be a good start he knows the websites to send you to if he wants to dodge you for some hours.