performances

Discuss topics related to Bepu Entertainment.
sueds

performances

Post by sueds »

I've just check the v4.01 and the framerate was really low on my laptop ( the previous verson was runnng at 60 fps)
anyway I like the detonation features.

cheers
Zukarakox
Not a Site Admin

Re: performances

Post by Zukarakox »

What graphics card are you using? There was a bunch of shading added this update so it probably has something to do with that.

He also added GPU instancing... so if you dont have a GPU I guess it would run kinda slow >.>
i has multiple toes
Norbo
Site Admin

Re: performances

Post by Norbo »

If you don't have a SM3.0 card, it defaults to CPU instancing, which is actually still faster than how it was done before. My GPU-less laptop runs all of the demos at much higher framerates than v0.3.0 demos (except the ones including newly highly triangulated stuff, like "Ball Pit" and "Various Things Doing Stuff"). I enabled backface culling (should speed it up) and now vertex buffers are disposed between simulations manually, so that shouldn't negatively affect mid-simulation performance.

Are the boxes in the demo (stacking simulation for example) uniform colors, or do they have many colors when you run the demo?

The only thing that might cause a performance hit is the new high-polycount spheres and such. This can come into play on integrated graphics or very poor graphics cards.