"The Elf Who Killed Christmas" game using BEPU physics

Discuss topics related to Bepu Entertainment.
GiveUpGames

"The Elf Who Killed Christmas" game using BEPU physics

Post by GiveUpGames »

Hi All,

Watch the Trailer here : http://youtu.be/Eq6ZbDRToCo

FREE PLAYABLE BETA DEMO (1ST LEVEL) : http://christmas.giveupgames.com

Image Image Image Image Image

For 3 years my engine used JigLibX Physics engine, but summer of 2012 i chose to UPGRADE to Bepu Physics.... yes, it was a HUGE upgrade. The multithreading (among other things) in BEPU saves the day!

The game is written in C# / XNA (microsoft, not mono).

Thanks so much to Norbo for the stellar support and for being a good programmer. I've personally donated to Bepu and anyone who is benefiting as much as we are from Bepu should donate too.

This first person shooter is programmed entirely by 1 person (me) and all 3D art by another 1 person (my brother). I also did all the sound design and music. All Elf voices are my voice, sped up.

The main level is a huge static mesh, plus a ton of individually placed boxes for incidental collisions. Half the projectiles are free physics entities while other "guns" just use the ray casting. Most of the enemies are standing "capsules" while others are spheres (nothing too fancy). The "character controller" is fully homemade, i didn't use the ones in the Bepu demo projects, although, i was inspired by the "support" systems that the Demo Character controllers had, so i architected something similar. Later levels (not pictured) use MobileMesh for "carts" that the player can jump in, and move around on a track (think Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom). I've also programmed a system that helps with "resource pooling" and pre-allocation since i'm constantly taking physics entities in and out of the world.

We are NOT professionals. We're just two dudes, one of which unemployed, who decided to make some games.
Norbo
Site Admin

Re: "The Elf Who Killed Christmas" game using BEPU physics

Post by Norbo »

Neat, nice work!
Thanks so much to Norbo for the stellar support and for being a good programmer. I've personally donated to Bepu and anyone who is benefiting as much as we are from Bepu should donate too.
You're welcome and thanks! :)